'I have attended several writers' workshops with Harriet and Sandra - I'd felt very 'blocked' and lacking in confidence. I found the whole experience to be affirming and gentle which was very much what I needed. The whole experience felt like being on a sunlit balcony in Mexico with friends, where your creativity could just come out naturally in a supportive environment.
After the first session, I managed to submit a plot and some sample pieces of writing to the Faber academy and succeeded on obtaining a place on their online novel writing course. Huge self doubt is one of my problems in writing and Harriet and Sandra taught me useful techniques for bypassing that awful paralysis. I have also met some.lovely likeminded friends through the experience. Thank you! And looking forward to the next time!' Angela de Vere, Marlow.
Writers’ Bootcamp in Marlow
Saturday, February 2nd 2019 10am - 4pm
£50 – lunch included
Come and join us for a full day of writery fun!
This workshop is primarily aimed at wannabe writers, stuck writers, 'not sure if I can...' nervous writers.
- This session is not about grammar, spelling and punctuation but to kick-start and support your creative journey into writing.
- So come along and unleash your creativity.
- We'll take you through some motivational writing exercises.
- We'll cover everything writery: structure, dialogue, character, setting, plot - short story writing, flash fiction and even some poetry fun.
- We'll share our knowledge of publishing, writing courses, useful resources and competitions.
Any questions at all, for payment details or to reserve a place, please send a message - click HERE
If you prefer writing on your laptop rather than with pen and paper – feel free to bring it along.
Coffee, tea, soft drinks and lunch included.
Small, relaxed, non-judgemental group.
Venue: Harri’s secret studio in Marlow (once you book, I’ll give you details if you don’t know the address).